Artificial Intelligence in Health Care
Discover the potential of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) in the health care sector with the MIT Sloan Artificial Intelligence in Health Care Online Short Course. This self-paced online program, offered by MIT Sloan School of Management and the MIT J-Clinic in collaboration with industry leaders, explores how AI and ML can be applied to overcome challenges and enhance processes in the medical industry. Led by renowned AI expert Regina Barzilay, this course provides valuable insights and knowledge from MIT, a leading institution for developing ML methods with health care applications.
- Introduction to AI and machine learning applications and foundations
- Using AI for disease diagnosis and patient monitoring
- Natural language processing and data analytics in health care
- Interpretability in machine learning: Benefits and challenges
- Patient risk stratification and augmenting clinical workflows
- Taking an integrated approach to hospital management and optimization
- Access to resources from the start date
- Self-paced learning online
- Taught by experts in computer science from MIT and the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL)
Key Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this AI Certificate Program, you will gain:
- An AI decision framework to evaluate the suitability of AI technologies in your work context
- Insights into AI opportunities in various health care contexts, from hospital management to disease diagnosis
- An overview of AI and ML fundamentals with a focus on health care applications
- Understanding of AI’s practical implementation and design challenges
- Knowledge of the potential of natural language processing, data analytics, and ML within health care
This course is ideal for professionals in various fields, whether health care or engineering, seeking to understand how artificial intelligence and machine learning can revolutionize the health care industry. It is suitable for individuals interested in exploring AI’s impact on health care and applying AI techniques directly to health care roles.
Participants in this course will earn an official digital certificate of completion from MIT Sloan School of Management. This course also counts toward an MIT Sloan Executive Certificate, which can be earned by completing four programs, three from your chosen certificate track, and one completed in person.