Prompt Engineering for ChatGPT
Learn the essential skills to become an expert user of generative AI tools, particularly large language models like ChatGPT, in this comprehensive course on Prompt Engineering. As AI models become more important in various aspects of life and business, knowing how to write effective prompts is key to unlocking their full potential. This course will guide you through the patterns and approaches for crafting powerful prompts that can be applied to solve real-world problems in any domain. Whether you are an individual, a business owner, a university student, or a government professional, this course offers valuable knowledge to enhance your interactions with AI systems and unleash their emergent intelligence.
- Understanding Large Language Models and Prompt Engineering
- Introduction to Prompt Patterns and Persona Pattern
- Refining Questions with Prompt Patterns
- Leveraging Few-Shot Examples and Chain of Thought Prompting
- Advanced Prompt Patterns: Game Play, Templates, Meta Language Creation, Recipe, and Alternative Approaches
- Enhancing Prompts with Ask for Input, Outline Expansion, Menu Actions, Fact Check List, Tail Generation, and Semantic Filter Patterns.
- Beginner-level course with no prior programming experience required
- Approximately 18 hours to complete
- 100% online, providing the flexibility to learn at your own pace
- Flexible deadlines to accommodate your schedule
- Hands-on learning projects through Coursera Labs
- Shareable Certificate upon successful completion
Key Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, you will gain the following skills and insights:
- Apply prompt engineering techniques effectively when working with large language models like ChatGPT
- Utilize various prompt patterns to access powerful capabilities within AI models
- Create complex prompt-based applications tailored to your life, business, or education needs
- Write sophisticated prompts that enable AI systems to perform tasks such as writing, summarization, game play, planning, simulation, and programming.
This course is designed for a broad audience, and anyone can take it. Whether you are a student, professional, entrepreneur, or simply interested in AI, this course offers valuable skills that can be applied in diverse settings. No prior programming experience is required; basic computer usage skills, such as using a browser and accessing ChatGPT, are sufficient to get started.
The course is offered by Vanderbilt University, a renowned private research university and medical center located in Nashville, Tennessee. Upon successful completion of the course, you will earn a Shareable Certificate, a valuable recognition of your prompt engineering skills and AI expertise that can be shared on your LinkedIn profile, resumes, CVs, and other professional documents.